Re: [xml] questions about using xmlGlobalState

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006, Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 05:55:29PM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the libxml/globals.h headers. My version of
libxml2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 6) has
LIBXML_USE_THREAD set. If I try to use the xmlGlobalState struct and
access, for example, the xmlParserVersion field, the preprocessor
substitutes in (*(__xmlParserVersion())) and the code will not work.

So I guess the questions are:
1) should LIBXML_USE_THREAD be used in userland code?

 No see Bjorn's answer

2) do I need to include something besides globals.h?

 No

        printf(state.xmlParserVersion);

 Access them as global variables only ! I.e

   printf(xmlParserVersion);

Thanks for the response. I think I may be looking in the wrong place to
determine whether a global variable is publically accessible
(globals.h). Is there any other way to see whether variables and struct
supposed to be used publically? I need to check the LSB spec for
discrepancies and it seems to imply that _xmlGlobalState is just a
regular struct.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd twofifty com