Re: [xml] Potential wrong usage of xmlIsID() in tree.c

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 08:28 -0500, Rob Richards wrote:

[...]

Do you have an example case for this scenario? If you are meaning to
return a different node than the expected returned node via the same
parameter, I think that would be a bit confusing. Not saying that
returning an int as the result is bad, just that if done this way,
returning a node for possible inspection rather than the expected return
value should be handled differently.

No, no different node than the expected old node.
Example: In xmlDOMWrapSetAttrNode() I return the old attr-node even
if the call to xmlDOMWrapRemoveNode() resulted in an internal error;
we could try to fix a potentially already removed old node in this
case (e.g. free it or attach it agai), but I would rather move that to
the wrapper's side.

Regards,

Kasimier