[xml] xsltproc: glibc detected *** double free or corruption

With this version of xsltproc:

$ /usr/bin/xsltproc -v
Using libxml 20619-CVS2458, libxslt 10115 and libexslt 812
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20622, libxslt 10115 and libexslt 812
libxslt 10115 was compiled against libxml 20622
libexslt 812 was compiled against libxml 20622

on an Ubuntu "Breezy" system, the attached stylesheet generates this
error:

$ /usr/bin/xsltproc rngdocxml.xsl rngdocxml.xsl
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0806b780 ***
Aborted

Not my bug. :-) This used to work, so I don't know if it's an Ubuntu
build problem or what. Clues solicited.

I'm concerned that it's using "libxml 20619-CVS2458" but claims
to have been compiled against "libxml 20622". I guess I should
build libxml myself and see if that fixes the problem...

(Note that the input to rngdocxml.xsl doesn't seem to matter, so I'm
just feeding it to itself. In reality, it's expecting something else
so the results of a successful execution might be pretty weird.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

Norman Walsh <ndw nwalsh com> | Happiness is not achieved by the
http://nwalsh.com/            | conscious pursuit of happiness; it is