Re: [xml] string-range in xpointers from python?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 04:48:11PM -0500, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
Hey all -
We're trying to use the libxml2 python bindings to play some games with
'marking up' an xml document, based on xpointers coming out of various
checkers and annotators. We need string-range for cases like spell-check
or arbitrary annotation.

Is the string-range function just not implemented from the python
bindings? I'm getting 'unregistered function':

ctx.xpointerEval('xpointer(string-range(/,"Geometric"))')
xmlXPathCompOpEval: function string-range not found
Unregistered function
xmlXPtrEval: evaluation failed to return a node set
xmlXPtrEval: object(s) left on the eval stack
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 6922, in
xpointerEval    if ret is None:raise treeError('xmlXPtrEval() failed')
libxml2.treeError: xmlXPtrEval() failed

  are you sure ctx is an XPointer context and not an XPath context ?

Daniel