Re: [xml] Problems with file names in UTF-8 on Windows

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 11:54:12AM +0200, Roland Schwingel wrote:
Hi...

The utf-8 support for Windows was my idea and my patch, so I feel
responsible for the problems

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 10:25:04AM +0400, Emelyanov Alexey wrote:
1. Updating library to new version results to incapacity for work of
programs, which use file names in
   native encoding; now all such programs are compelled to transform
file names to UTF-8
UTF-8 is IMHO the best choice to handle nowadays, but well I see the
problem... I think I will modify my patch to have a fallback mode if
UTF-8 file is not present/accessable.

2. The library became incompatible with Windows 95/98/ME, as functions

_wfopen
   and _wstat use features not realized by default in these versions
of
OS (bug #346367).
Ok.. I will adress that, too. Did not know that there is a bug report.

At present I am awfully busy, but I hope I can supply my revised patch
(based
on libxml 2.6.26) by beginning of next week.

I hope this will solve all problems with win9x and non utf-8 encoding
without
adding new api. Would this be ok for everyone?

  That sounds excellent to me. I didn't expect a new release within a
couple of weeks so even if it takes a bit of time it is not a big deal,

Daniel