Re: [xml] XInclude question

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 08:29:28AM -0400, gmxml saplings us wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 06:03:28PM -0400, gmxml saplings us wrote:

Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 04:58:53PM -0400, gmxml saplings us wrote:

To it's own xml file, and rewite my main file as:
<gameconfig>
<TerrainTypeDefs>
<include href="terraintypes.xml">
</TerrainTypeDefs>
<gameconfig>

Where is the namespace ? Sure that example as provided will never
work as an XInclude...
http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#syntax
there is also examples in many places on the web or in libxml2 test
suites.

I've search for XInclude, libxml, xmlXIncludeProcess, and
xmlXIncludeProcessFlags in various combinations.  Nothing helpfull was
found.

I pointed you to the spec. The spec defines the behaviour. You are not
following the spec. So don't expect the spec specified behaviour.

I'm not.  That's why I'm asking a question to learn what I'm doing wrong.

Basic cut and paste example from the spec is here.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#basic-example

trivial fixup of your data to just follow the example....

<gameconfig xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
<TerrainTypeDefs>
<xi:include href="terraintypes.xml">
</TerrainTypeDefs>
<gameconfig>

Not worth the long tirade ... now this thread can RIP I hope.

Daniel