Re: [xml] Case preservation in libxml2

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 06:39:20PM +0530, GPN wrote:
Hello,
I am using libxml2 (SAX Parser API's) to parse HTML/XML
content.
When my handlers get called back from the parser, the tags'
cases are converted to lower-case irresapective of what goes
in to the parser.

  That should happen only for HTML. XML is case sensitive.

My questions are -
1. Do any applications care about the case?

  HTML apps should not care

2. Is there any way to preserve the case of tags and attributes,
so that the handlers can write them in the original format?

  use the XML parser, it does of course.

For HTML there is no way in general to preserve the original format.

Daniel