Re: [xml] encoding.awn.gcc-warn.1.patch

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 07:48:52AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 01:40:10PM +0300, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:
2005-10-28  Andrew W. Nosenko  <andrew w nosenko gmail com>

    * encoding.c:
    (xmlIconvWrapper): avoid GCC warning about passing argument from
    incompatible pointer type.

  Depends on the version of iconv, usually depends on the libc, optionally
depends on the compiler. the non const version is so far the one generating
the less troubles overall... This even depends on the version of gcc used.

  Sorry, your patch will raise more problem than it fixes.

We contributed an autoconf patch to the Abiword folks to detect the
correct type of the 2nd argument to iconv(). If you want, we can
rework it for libxml.

--
albert chin (china thewrittenword com)