Re: [xml] Is it a BUG for exclusive XML canonicalization in LibXML2?

Thank you very much!

This is what I have not found out! Actually, I used the same Sample.xml!

It seems that the .Net Exc C14N API (which is from .Net WSE2.0 assembly) would strip all the 'tab'  between the XML tags, however, http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n does specify rules to retian some of the whitespaces but I am not sure what is correct action for processing 'tab' key.

One thing is for sure: LibXML2 and .Net make different decision on retaining 'tab' between XML tags, which is another potencial bug, either in .Net or LibXML2.

Anyway, the 'extra' empty default namespace generated on <CanonicalizationMethod> by LibXML2
mentioned in my first mail violates the http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-exc-c14n/ if my understanding of that spec is correct.

Regards,
Smalltalk