Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: [xml] xmllint problems

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 16:36 +0200, oliverst online de wrote:
Note that I used the latest CVS sources for the test, so maybe your
problem was already fixed; or it's a weird platform problem.

I tried the latest CVS and it does still crash with the same backtrace. I also recognised, that the
commandline paramaters also work, if you just write one "-". So "-valid" would work as "--valid".

When I enable schemas (and regexps and pattern) it doesn't crash anymore.

I guess the crashing code is just too intimidated to crash when the
schema code hangs around :-)

OK, seriously, but just a vague assumption: some code might fallback to
other routines if some other code is not compiled in. Such fallback
code might be buggy. I would look for #IFDEFed stuff in the functions
reported by the stack trace.

In CVS, there are also two errors. In Makefile.mingw (line 213) and Makefile.bcb (line 219) there is an
empty line, that causes make to fail.

Also when I enable schmeas, but don't enable regexps and pattern, it won't compile.

Yes, the xmlregexp and pattern modules are definitely needed for the
xmlschemas module.

I also did runtest

## XML regression tests
## XML regression tests on memory
## XML entity subst regression tests
## XML Namespaces regression tests
## Error cases regression tests
## SAX1 callbacks regression tests
## SAX2 callbacks regression tests
## HTML regression tests
## HTML SAX regression tests
## Valid documents regression tests
## Validity checking regression tests
## General documents valid regression tests
## XPath expressions regression tests
## XPath document queries regression tests
## xml:id regression tests
## URI parsing tests
## URI base composition tests
## Path URI conversion tests
failed the URL passing test for /path/to/a b.html## Schemas regression tests
## Relax-NG regression tests
Total 8 tests, 1 errors, 0 leaks

(obviously missing a newline after the failed message and the number of tests doesn't seem to match the
actual tests performed)

Ah, this is different from my build with all modules being enabled:
## Path URI conversion tests
## Schemas regression tests

and runsuite (which has to be run in the root of libxml2)
## XML Schemas datatypes test suite from James Clark
Ran 1035 tests, 11 errors, 0 leaks
## Relax NG test suite from James Clark
Ran 253 tests, no errors
## Relax NG test suite for libxml2
Ran 183 tests, no errors
Failed to parse xstc/Tests/Metadata/NISTXMLSchemaDatatypes.testSet

Here the test description files might be missing.
Try a 'make tests' in Libxml2's directory 'xstc'; it should
download all needed files.

Ran 0 tests (0 schemata), no errors
Failed to parse xstc/Tests/Metadata/SunXMLSchema1-0-20020116.testSet
Ran 0 tests (0 schemata), no errors
Failed to parse xstc/Tests/Metadata/MSXMLSchema1-0-20020116.testSet
Ran 0 tests (0 schemata), no errors
Total 1471 tests, 11 errors, 0 leaks

One final note I am using the MinGW GCC 3.4.4.

Regards,

Kasimier