Re: AW: Re: [xml] xmllint problems


On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 14:43 +0200, oliverst online de wrote:

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 13:16 +0200, oliverst online de wrote:
When I run xmllint with "--valid" or "--postvalid" it does crash when using
the XML output of MAME as input (

Cannot reproduce the crash on my Debian (sarge) box:

kbu librax:/data/home/kbuchcik/temp$ xmllint --valid output.xml
output.xml:143: element driver: validity error : No declaration for
attribute savestate of element driver
color="good" sound="good" graphic="good" savestate="supported"
[... some hundreds of validation errors...]

This is happening because of a missing DTD entry. Add this to the DTD before the "palettesize" entry and 
those warnings should go away.

<!ATTLIST driver savestate (supported|unsupported) #REQUIRED>


I added the DTD line, but still no crash:

kbu librax:/data/home/kbuchcik/temp$ xmllint --noout --valid output.xml
kbu librax:/data/home/kbuchcik/temp$

Note that I used the latest CVS sources for the test, so maybe your
problem was already fixed; or it's a weird platform problem.

kbu librax:/data/home/kbuchcik/temp$ xmllint --version
xmllint: using libxml version 20622-CVS2645
   compiled with: Threads Tree Output Push Reader Patterns Writer SAXv1
FTP HTTP DTDValid HTML Legacy C14N Catalog XPath XPointer XInclude
IconvISO8859X Unicode Regexps Automata Expr Schemas Schematron Modules
Debug MemDebug RunDebug

I used the zipped XML document in
"";, since
""; did not exist.



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]