Re: [xml] redicting parts of trees

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 02:50:35PM +0200, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
3. unlink @node and don't link to @parent, linking will be done by the
   user afterwards at the desired position in the children of @parent

  I'm thinking of 3/, however if the node is already linked to parent
then don't unlink it.

If 3/, I see the following problems, if @node is linked to @parent
already:
1. If @node is an attribute, we will loose ability to remove it from
   the ID list, since the previous parent is not known.
   So the user will be responsible for removing IDs.
2. The user might have tried by himself to add an ID to the
   destination-doc (if this attribute was an ID) before adoption;
   this could be incorrect; were are remapping entity-references, so
   the value of the attribute can change during adoption.

  seems to me in both case, the user made an error before calling
the import, and if we can't correct it, well it's not our fault.

Daniel