Re: [xml] problem with catalog regression tests

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 01:39:20PM -0700, thomas kaeding wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if this is an error or what.
With libxml2, versions 2.6.15, 2.6.17, 2.6.18, 2.6.19,
and 2.6.19 CVS (2005may21), compiled with
--with-history, 'make check' hangs on
'## Catalog regression tests'.
A listing of running processes (ps -A) shows that
lt-xmlcatalog has been running for over 45 minutes
of cpu time.  This cannot be right.

  without history "make tests" (not make check) works fine here.
with history I just get this minimal regression:

## Catalog regression tests
whitex result
2c2 < > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbcentx.mod --- > > No entry for PUBLIC
-//OASIS//ENTITIESDocBook XML Character Entities V4.1.2//EN
whites result
4c4 < > test/catalogs/dbgenent.mod --- > > No entry for PUBLIC -//Davenport//ENTITIESDocBook Additional
General Entities V3.0//EN
## Add and del operations on XML Catalogs
## Regexp regression tests

I haven't tried it without '--with-history'.

  you should.

If this test is supposed to take an hour, please

  no it always complete in less than a second for me even with --with-history

Otherwise, have you any idea why it might be
taking so long or is hung?

  xmllint --shell does not behave correctly with file input apparently
if readline is used.

I don't care much, the licence on the readline library is GPL, making it
incompatible with the default compilation of libxml2, so it's off by default.
However if someone care about it, they can debug and provide a patch for
xmllint, I will apply it.

Daniel