Re: [xml] redicting parts of trees

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 01:59:34PM +0200, cazic gmx net wrote:
I attached a first sketch for an adopt function. It tries the "oldNs"

  forgot the attachment I think :-)

approach. It does not unlink the brach yet; I don't know if it should, or
rather expect the branch to be unlinked already. The function is not tested,
so just comments on its semantics please ;-)

I have the feeling that someone might object an addition to the code-base,
which clearly leaves room for handling namespaces differently. So maybe this
all ends up in a intermediate C layer for me; there won't be room for a "DOM
wrapper helper" C file, will it?

  I won't object, unless it penalizes the comon case. For example if it forces
the use of an expensive callbck on each processed node, which would just be
an implementation mistake, not a principle error.

Daniel