Re: [xml] lxml 0.5 (python libxml2/libxslt bindings)

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:14:47PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
Hi there,

I'm happy to announce (a last) the first release of lxml, new Python
bindings for libxml2 and libxslt that aim to expose the functionality of
the libraries in a more "Pythonic way". This means supporting
Python-style APIs for the manipulation of XML (in particular ElementTree
to manipulate libxml2's trees), and support for Python's garbage
collection.

These bindings are completely independent from the Python bindings that
ship with libxml2 and libxslt already. The existing bindings are at the
moment far more complete and well-tested than lxml, so it depends on
your specific needs whether you want to decide to use lxml instead. I do
believe using lxml will make using libxml2/libxslt from python more easy
and less bugprone than has been the case with the libxml2-python and
libxslt-python bindings.

  Thanks -a bit late- for doing this, it is probably challenging :-)
I added pointers from http://xmlsoft.org/python.html to lxml,

  good luck !

Daniel