Re: [xml] accessing xmlIO from the python api

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 04:18:21PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

Is it possible to access calls like IOHTTPOpen from the python API, or is
there a mechanism for providing a callback to some other HTTP implementation?

  normal Python IO should work fine. See how the examples use
StringIO inputs.

This works well in the simple case where I just want to feed an XML document
as a StringIO object to an inputBuffer, but it doesn't help me (I think) when
that document contains xinclude or xsl:include elements that need to be handled
in some special way.

In my case, I would like to handle resolving and retrieving the hrefs for
includes myself rather than going through nanoHTTP.

I am using libxml2-2.5.10 on RHEL 3.4.

  libxml2-2.5.10 is really old at this point.

Yes, I'm willing to upgrade if required, but am trying to stay with what
comes 'stock' with my target platform.

Thanks,

Dan M.