[xml] Getting crashes with xmlFreeDoc()

I'm getting a lot of crashes when using xmlFreeDoc().
Here's my code snippet:

xmlDocPtr ResultDoc;
xmlChar *xmlbuff;
int buffersize;
[...]
ResultDoc=xsltApplyStylesheet(StyleSheetDoc,XHTMLParsedDoc,params);
xmlDocDumpFormatMemory(ResultDoc, &xmlbuff,
&buffersize, 1);
[....display contents of xmlbuff....]
xmlFreeDoc(ResultDoc);
xmlFree(xmlbuff);

I never used to get this error when my XHTMLParsedDoc
was a parsed XHTML document (ie. real XML), but now
when this is an html parsed document instead, I will
eventually get a crash (as I call this code often)

The stack trade in the debugger shows the following:
xmlFreeDoc
xmlHashFree
xmlDumpNotationTable
xmlDumpNotationTable

Of course this could be because I might not be parsing
the HTML right, since I've had to guess how it works.
I dunno.

Any ideas?