Re: [xml] xmlParseFile with minimal library

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:32:06AM -0500, Henry Bibb wrote:
I am trying to build a minimal-sized libxml2 but need to use xmlParseFile.

I'm using the following flags to configure, which *almost* works - xmlParseFile is the only link error I've
seen so far.   Can anyone tell me if there is another flag I need?

  --minimum
  --tree
  --valid
  --iso8859x

The application is going to be embedded, so I'd like to minimize size of libxml while being able to parse &
validate an xml file into the tree form.

  use the new xmlReadFile apis, not the old one xmlParseFile if you want
to build with minimum code. xmllint compiles with just --with-minimum
you probably don't need anything else for just parsing UTF-8 instances

Daniel