[xml] c14n

Hi,

I'm creating the attached document in parts that later get attached to
the main document. This results in having duplicate namespace
declarations in the document. I thought the way to solve this was to run
it through xmllint -c14n, but that says "Failed to canonicalize", but
doesn't say why it fails. Could anyone explain why it fails (or how I
can get more information that just that message)

thanks,
Martijn
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<multistatus xmlns="DAV:">
  <response xmlns="DAV:">
    <href>http://localhost/Cal/001</href>
    <responsedescription>test</responsedescription>
    <propstat>
      <prop>
        <getetag xmlns="DAV:">001:1</getetag>
      </prop>