Re: [xml] Help on finding out badly formed Xml documents.

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 04:52:22AM +0000, SiM wrote:
> Hi All,
> Is there a way to find whether the XML Document being parsed is well formed or not, So that Processing the document can be stopped (or need not be started at all ).
>
> Foe Eg: something like this,
>
> is there a single API , which would tell me about this, before parsing really starts ? or is it possible only when the document parsing has begun ?

Detecting well formedness is only the result of parsing.
There is no shortcut. What are you trying to do ?

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

                  If the document is not well formed, the things i do in the callback  is not working fine (Application related stuff), if i have to achieve it then i have to keep more information in the context, So i was wondering whether i can bypass parsing, if the document is not well formed. Hence, was looking for such API.

Ok, if such errors are detected like the one mentioned above during Parsing , how can i stop parsing , is there any Error callback related to it  ?

Thank you.

Cheers.

Simith

--