Re: [xml] xmlReadMemory limitation

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 08:26:51AM +0100, Espen Ekeroth wrote:
On RedHat 9 i do get a problem using xmlReadMemory(). It seems like if the
memory buffer size is set to a value larger than 600000 it do fail. (no
coredump or anything, but the application just dies). Is this a limit of
xmlReadMemory ?

  xmllint.c uses xmlReadMemory() for processing with --memory

paphio:~/XML -> ls -l dba100000.xml
-rw-rw-r--  1 veillard www 14282040 Jan  4 16:06 dba100000.xml
paphio:~/XML -> xmllint --noout --memory dba100000.xml
paphio:~/XML -> echo $?
0
paphio:~/XML ->

  i.e. I cannot reproduce your problem on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.

or is it the infamous 640kb problem of x86 also affecting
linux?

  Certainly not, linux uses flat 32bit addressing and not 16bit
segmented memory accesses !!!

This e-mail and the information it contains may be privileged and/or
confidential.  It is for the intended addressee(s) only.
The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

  This notice is incompatible with the usage of the mailing list,
we will copy archive and redistribute copies of mails sent to the list
to anybody in the Internet. Remove it or unsubscribe this
address from this list :-(

Daniel