[xml] Xml parsing without using the SAX handler.

Hi All,
            Could someone tell me whether there is an API in libxml2, where i can go through  the Document Tree, with calls like :

GetNextChild , GetParent, GetSibling etc , without using the SAX handler callbacks .

I'am newbie to libxml2 and xml, Please point me to any relevant document or include file  !

Thank you.

Cheers.
Simith