Re: [xml] http_proxy

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 09:04:09AM +1100, Robert Turnbull wrote:
G'day,

I know libxml2 reads in the http_proxy environment variable but I don't
think it understands it if the environment variable has the form:

http_proxy=http://username:password proxy_server:port

Which is the format for wget.

  libxml2 HTTP support is minimal (nanohttp) and the goal really
was to keep it that way. as soon as you add authentication, well
it is more complex than what I think should be done in libxml2,
the I/O architecture of libxml2 is open, you can replace HTTP
default with for example curl if you want a better and more complete
implementation.
   http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlIO.html

  If it is mostly for validation, then the best is to store the
required DTDs or schemas in a local catalog and avoid using the
network altogether (though without changing the input files).
   http://xmlsoft.org/catalog.html

Daniel