Re: [xml] Empty element validation problem when extending simple type

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 17:56 -0700, Dhyanesh wrote:
Hi

I am getting a problem in validating xml when extending simple types.

[...]

The second one extends the simple type myDouble and its validation
fails. However if i use the extension base as xs:string or remove the
restriction pattern on myDouble the validation succeeds.

Fixed in CVS, xmlschemas.c revision 1.140.
The bug: the processor missed to convert the NULL value to an empty
string, which is expected by xmlRegexpExec(). As we gave it a NULL,
it returned an API error, resulting in the error reports you have seen.
Actually both instances triggered this error with the current CVS HEAD
code.

Thanks for the report!
I added your examples to the regression tests.

Regards,

Kasimier