Re: [xml] Mac OS-X: Why are binaries linked against libxml2.dylib?

Well, I could if I wanted to write my own makefile. All this stuff is set up by ./configure, but there doesn't appear to be a --with-static-binaries (or equivalent) flag. One of my goals is to use the package as distributed to build and install, then do what I need to do to make it usable in my situation. I don't want to maintain my own xmllint project, for example. (I know it's pretty simple in this case, but I have an identical problem with xsltproc, which has more complicated dependencies...)

- Rush

Nathanael Noblet wrote:

Can't you use the appropriate LD flags during various build stages to set where the compiler & link look for particular libraries and thus make it find the right ones at the right time?