Re: [xml] LIBXML Questions

Thanks!

On 7/21/05, Marcus von Appen <mva sysfault org> wrote:
On, Thu Jul 21, 2005, Daniel Veillard wrote:

[...]
> > 3. translate EDI to XML
>
>   what is EDI ?

EDI is a data interchange standard, which describes procedures, schemas
and more about how application services can interchange data,
synchronize it and many more. It is currently hyped in ERP systems and
is used e.g. in the automotive sector for some time.
Using EDI you can teach ERP application servers to synchronize their
item data using defined "catalog" schemas over the internet for
example. This is only a rough and neither exact nor complete description.

To answer a part of the initial question: libxml does not include any
standards besides the directly XML (XML, XSD, ...) related ones. It is a
(more or less) low level API for XML data. Thus it does not implement
native EDI interfaces or EDI schema definitions. Dependant on the needed
information those have to be built using libxml and (maybe) other tools.

[...]
> >  I'm a newbie in XML and non-technical.
>
>   Try to get a techie knowing about the field if you want more precise
> answer because I would need more precise questions to be able to process
> them adequately.

Fully agreed.

Regards
Marcus