Re: [xml] libxml2: bug in most recent CygWin version?

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 11:33:51AM -0400, Mike Maxwell wrote:
I'm getting an odd error msg when I run xmllint on one of my XML files.
I suspect it's a bug.  I'm a newby at XML etc., but (1) I  didn't get
this msg running xmllint on CygWin before (when I presumably had an
earlier version of xmllint/ libxml2), and (2) I still don't get this msg
when I run xmllint on a FreeBSD system (which has an older version of
these programs).

Specifically, the use of an entity defined in an XML file triggers the
following when I run
  xmllint --noout --schema ParadigmDefn.xsd TestSuite/Paradigms.Defn.xml
on the CygWin version:

---------
Unimplemented block at
/instsoft/libxml/uploaded/libxml2-2.6.20/xmlschemas.c:23832
Element
'{http://lodl.ldc.upenn.edu/ParadigmDefn.xsd}DisallowedFeatureValues':
Element content is not allowed, because the type definition is simple.
TestSuite/Paradigms.Defn.xml fails to validate
---------
[...]
Substituting the value for the entity (i.e. <DisallowedFeatureValues>
"foobar" </DisallowedFeatureValues>) results in the above XML passing
xmllint.

Is this a bug?  Or am I doing s.t. wrong?

  1/ schemas support has evolved a lot lately, behaviour may change as
     the support gets nearer to completion, this can happen
  2/ I don't think entity support for XSD makes much sense, you'd better
     always run with entities substitued

 so use xmllint --noent --schema .... to run your checks.
I'm not sure this really qualifies as a bug. Best is to run it that way,

Daniel