[xml] XMPP/Jabber stream parsing

Hi,

I wan't to parse XMPP/Jabber streams with libxml. I am trying to do this with push method, I create xmlParserCtxt and feed it with data read from socket by calling xmlParseChunk.

The problem is, that I don't need to store whole tree in memory, need only last received subtree and I would like to have my callback called whenever such subtree is received. For example suppose I receive such stream from server:
<stream>
        <presence from="..." />
        <message from="...">
        </message>
</stream>
I would like to have callbacks called for <presence/> and <message/> subtrees.

Or should I use the Reader interface? But I have no idea how to feed the parser with data received from network.

Thank you very much

--
  PrzemysÅaw Sitek