Re: [xml] libxml2.so

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 05:20:27PM -0400, PKadakuntla axsone com wrote:
Hello,
I have tried linking the following two ways
-L. -lxml2

 okay

-L. libxml2.so

  ugly don't do that !

When I run ldd to see the dependencies,

It depends
libxml2.so.2 =>  ./libxml2.so.2

Even though I link with "libxml2.so", it's depending on libxml2.so.2

Why is that?

  a symbolic link !
  libxml2.so -> libxml2.so.2
I think it is on purpose, the linker knows that it must link to the versioned
one because that's how the ABI is garanteed. Not specific to libxml2, further
question on this should be asked to the compiler's support forum, not here.

Daniel