From: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Ruben
Sent:
Friday, July 08, 2005 9:53 AM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: [xml] unresolved external symbol _xmlFree

Hello Folks, I have been trying for several days after reading all the possible help posts and examples and am getting this error when building my first libxml2 program.

I am running Windows XP, and building the example program in Visual Studio .net. It is not necessary that I develop in MSVS .net, I can also use Borland C++ Builder or Eclipse.

If you have a good first time program with instructions to run under win32 I would also consider that option.

You advise will be greatly appreciated with the corrections to the following messages.

VendorType_ error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlFree

VendorType_ error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlMalloc

VendorType_ error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlRealloc

VendorType_ fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

VendorType_ warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification

Thanks you for your time,

-Ruben