Re: [xml] Using wchar_t string with libxml2.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 02:05:31PM +0000, Arthur Yarwood wrote:
xml-bounces gnome org wrote on 26/01/2005 12:48:07:

Am I just mis-using it somehow?

  Looks okay. But this is not a mailing list about characters encoding
or the iconv API, really...

I'm guessing I've got the wrong code for
the input. Any ideas?

  http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/stddef.h.html
  the definition of wchar_t doesn't define an encoding. Seems to be
a sequence of code point. Doesn't even define the *size* of the C objects,
maybe your encoding is UCS4 but you really ought to know better what
you are using. It's likely to even be system dependant ! Anyway if you
use embedded systems that sounds a sure way to waste globs of memory,
I would not do that...
  UTF-8 representation is defined in rfc2044 .
  libxml2 has a function to take an Unicode code point and write it
in an xmlChar buffer:
  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parserInternals.html#xmlCopyCharMultiByte

Ahh, yeah I forgot that they append that. I do apologise, I'll use my
own personal email account from now on.

  okay.

Daniel