[xml] Python bindings: creating elements with namespace

Hello,

I have trouble with simple element creation with libxml2 via the Python
bindings. I suspect that it is my Python-bindings setup. An example is
demonstrative:

doc = libxml2.newDoc( "1.0" )
top = doc.newChild( "http://www.example.com/namespace";, "documentNode",
None )
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 3120, in
newChild
else: ns__o = ns._o
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute '_o'

top = doc.newChild( None, "documentNode", None )
top.setNs( "http://www.example.com/namespace"; )
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 3302, in setNs
else: ns__o = ns._o
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute '_o'

Same result is achieved with newDocNode.

I installed libxml2(2.6.16) from sources; "./configure && make  && make
install && python python/setup.py build install", basically.

Apart from that error, the bindings works fine(use XPath, parse documents).

Am I using the API correctly? My intent is simply to create a document
containing a document element with a default namespace. Any ideas?

Cheers,

                Frans