Re: [xml] enhancement of XML Schema content model error reports

Hi,

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 02:10:06PM +0100, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:

Hi,

As of xmlschemas.c rev. 1.97 the new xmlregexp.c functions for
error analysis are integrated into the error reports.

Examples:

[...]

 "Expected is one of {http://FOO}*, {urn:foo:bar}*, *."

Any comments on the output?
I tend to dislike the naked * if using ##local, but
won't change it, if it's OK with you.

  I would remove the trailing '.' , it's correct from a grammatical
english point of view but confusing since '*' and '.' have meanings
for regular expressions. If you want to keep the '.' then we could separate
it with a space,

Another idea would be to surround the items with brackets:

"Expected is one of ( {http://FOO}*, {urn:foo:bar}*, * )."
This way we could get rid of the "'" around local names if no
namespace is involved:
"Expected is 'foo'." would become: "Expected is ( foo )."

Kasimier