Re: [xml] Problem running testapi for libxml2

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 03:08:58PM -0500, ABeylin axsone com wrote:
Hello,

I built libxml library version 2.6.16 on SunOS, HP-UX and AIX platforms.

But running "testapi" produces an error in
"xmlRegisterCharEncodingHandler" and a coredump in different places on
different platforms (AIX and HP coredump in same place, Sun in a
different place).
Is this expected?

  xmlRegisterCharEncodingHandler message, yes, I didn't silent it yet.
Now if you manage to crash testapi on some compilers/platforms, it's great
the goal of testapi is to try to crash the library code by abusing
the API as much as possible. First make sure you have the latest version
(grab the snapshot dist from ftp://xmlsoft.org/), then with your debugger
gdb/dbx/... run testapi, and show us the stack trace, there should be
a test_xmlXXXX() function calling xmlXXXX() which led to the crash.
And that is important.

To compile I have copied the directory to all of the platforms, and ran
"configure", and then "make", both with no options.
[...]
Testing parserInternals : 33 of 90 functions ...
Segmentation Fault(coredump)
devsun3.agb:...>

On HPUX:
$ ./testapi
[...]
Testing xpathInternals : 106 of 117 functions ...
Memory fault(coredump)
$

On AIX:
$ ./testapi
[...]
Testing xpathInternals : 106 of 117 functions ...
Segmentation fault(coredump)
$

  We already got a testapi report which was fixed by William Brack
on CVS, so please try with the libxml2-snapshot.tar.gz version and
tell us if it still crashes.

 thanks,

Daniel