Re: [xml] Schema validity failure for valid document

Hi,

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 12:14:19PM +0100, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:

Hi,

Daniel Veillard wrote:

What about the following:
1. xmlRegExecErrInfo would return an array of automaton transition
indices (well, if the transitions are accessible through an index).
2. We could then iterate through all the given transitions and extract
the info using accessor functions like:
const xmlChar * xmlRegExecGetValue(int transitionId)
void * xmlRegExecGetData(int transitionId)

Too complex. Depending on the compilation you may address transitions with integers or with pointers. I don't think exposing that deep a level

I don't agree that it's too complex and exposing. If the atoms holding
the information would be always accessible through integer indices in
xmlregexp.c (and I think any struct can be put in an array and be given
an index), accessor functions would be the most encapsulating and
extensible access to those informations I can think of. Plus, access of
information items through integer indices is a highly abstract thingy.
So not exposing at all IMHO.

  I think it exposes too much of the implementation that it would prevent
different implementation stategies. For example if I wanted to integrate
RNG derivation based kind of validation stategies, then you don't have
transitions in a given state but an expression of the remaining formal
automata accepted at that point. This is crossing the interface exposing
the implementation stategy, and I prefer to avoid this. Extracting potential
accepted tokens does not expose the implementation stategy.

OK. Maby it's just the fact that I don't have the complete overview of
what it is intended for.

is safe. Maybe we can give informations when building the automata,
associating an error string to a transition (or a state) and providing
back that optional error string from xmlRegExecErrInfo if reached. That

We are already associating the schema type to the transition. But
having an extra field as a marker per transition would be good.

  Do you want an integer or a char pointer ?

Hmm, an integer. I hate such decisions ;-) Do it your way.

sounds way simpler to implement and use. When building those "dead" transition
you know what they represent and what to report if transiting though them.

In this case yes, the negated namespace wildcard is the only one with a
dead-end; so it's distinguishable.

  Okay, but dead-end state are unlikely to be generated by normal regexp
process but since we expose automata APIs I prefer a more generic apparoach.
It also sounds the right solution from a formal point of view, it should
still work if we change the automata generated for whatever reason.

Regards,

Kasimier