Re: [xml] XLink & XPointer

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:32:28AM +0100, Morten W. J. wrote:
Hello fellow XML'ers

The version of the documentation for libxml2 I have states that the
APIChunk22.html documents the "unfinished XLink detection module ".

Does anybody know the status of XLink and XPointers in libxml2?

  XPointer is implemented, XLink is not basically because to implement
XLink you need to hook on the rendering and UI framework which libxml2
does not provide. The best you can do is detect something is an XLink
and trying to provide specific APIs for this sounds really futile
retrospectively.

Does anybody have a reference to an example on how to program with Xlinks (if
it has become finished since my documentation was published) and XPointers
in libxml2.

My libxml2 is of version 2.06.07

  The XPointer code wasn't changed in ages.
     http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xpointer.html
you also have some existing code in testXPath.c used for the
XPointer regression tests of libxml2. The XInclude module also
reuse XPointer so you can look at this too.

Daniel