[xml] Converting to xmlChar type

Hello all,

I am having issues trying to convert a character string to the xmlChar data
type. Admittedly, I am a new programmer so please bear with me --- I am
trying to figure this out as much as possible on my end. Here is the code
snippets that apply:

<snip>

static const char* gdsXMLSource;

GenDigSig::GenDigSig(const char* UserXML, const char* UserKey, const char*
UserCert)
{
    assert(UserXML);
    assert(UserKey);
    assert(UserCert);

    gdsXMLSource = UserXML;
    gdsKeySource = UserKey;
    gdsCertificateSource = UserCert;
}

doc = xmlParseFile(GenDigSig::getGenDigSigXMLSource());
    if ((doc == NULL) || (xmlDocGetRootElement(doc) == NULL)){
        fprintf(stderr, "Error: unable to parse file \"%s\"\n",
GenDigSig::getGenDigSigXMLSource());
        goto done;
    }
</snip>

Here is the resultant error:

<snip>
error: invalid conversion from `const char*' to `const  xmlChar*'
</snip>

I had read in one post that I may need to utilize iconv. But am not sure if it
applies to my issue(s).

Thanks for your time.
Thomas