Re: [xml] libxml2 newbie question about the Reader API

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 04:53:42 -0500, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:04:43AM +0100, Aron Stansvik wrote:
Hi Daniel. Thanks for your fast answer!
Ah, I somehow missed that first link, thanks. The color scheme and
layout of xmlsoft.org isn't really top-notch IMHO ;)

 matter of taste.

True ;)

Thanks again. I'll have to think this over. How would you go about
implementing coarse progress information for a reader?

 matter of demand and priorities. Easy to do but you're the first one
requesting it, a bugzilla entry and/or a patch are the most efficient
ways to get this.

Okay, I see. I meant implementing in the application, not in libxml2
:)  I need this program finished as soon as possible. But there's
nothing that would stop me from using custom I/O functions that keeps
a record of the number of bytes read, right? Though it might be very
unreliable in another setting, I think it would be sufficient for my
purposes.

Aron