Re: [xml] libxml2 and default namespaces

On Sunday 11 December 2005 11:23, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 02:20:28AM +0100, Paul Boddie wrote:
Perhaps the real issue is whether a namespace set on an element whose
qualified name is unprefixed can be discarded in the serialisation.

  That's just wrong, the error maybe when building the tree because the
namespace declaration was not set to be in scope, but this is a serious
error.

Alright. I'm fairly convinced, subject to a review of the DOM specification,
that libxml2dom does the right thing in setting the default namespace
(although it doesn't currently do enough in certain other respects that are
now being fixed as I write this) and that the serialisation of documents
produced in the described case is correct.

Thanks must go to both you and Rob for helping me through the thought process.
Sorry to disturb you with what must seem like trivia!

Paul