[xml] Fix a few compiler warnings

Hello List,

  this is a reminder to not forget this minor issue. The attached patch fixes
all current windows warnings and a few *nix ones. The pragma shouldn't be
necessary in theory but somehow the ms compiler gets confused but the warning
about == can be ignored anyway.

Best regards,
 Marcus

Message from Rob to me:

About to head out but wanted to get this off to you. The patch seemed
fine and didnt fail the regression tests.
I attatched a new patch against latest cvs as the other wouldnt merge
right with all the changes.

Anyways, I would suggest you re-send to list as patches often get lost.

Later!

Rob