Re: [xml] default values in the xsd

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 00:19 -0400, G & A ONURAL wrote:
I am using the "default" in one of my complex type definitions in my
xsd, as shown in the snippet below. How can I get the value of the
"default" when I parse the xml document (written against my schema) ?
Assuming that the instance document doesn't override the value of the
"default".

Thanks.

Gul

xsd:
====
<xsd:complexType name="field-info-type">
    <xsd:sequence>
         <xsd:element name="category" type="field-category-type" />
         <xsd:element name="is-key" type="xsd:boolean"
default="false" />
   <xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

This is done via xmlSchemaSetValidOptions(valCtxt,
XML_SCHEMA_VAL_VC_I_CREATE). This was implemented as a workaround
for those who need those default/fixed values dearly; per spec. this
XML_SCHEMA_VAL_VC_I_CREATEinformation should appear in the PSVI (post
schema validation infoset) of the validated tree branch. PSVI is
currently not implemented.

Regards,

Kasimier