Re: [xml] xmlParseDTD with input from memory, in Python

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 05:17 pm, Daniel Veillard wrote:
in the python bindings, but xmlIOParseDTD is not part of the automatically
generated binding, though most of the infrastructure seems in place.

Thanks, Daniel!

For the moment, let's assume those routines get exposed at some point (I don't
have time to figure that out today, though), and I'll use a temporary file as
a workaround.

From looking at the xmllint code, it looks like I'll also need
xmlNewValidCtxt() and xmlValidateDtd() to be exposed, but quickly looking at
libxml2:

import libxml2
[n for n in dir(libxml2) if n.lower().find("valid") != -1]

I don't see anything that looks promising.  Are these exposed already, or
would those need to be added as well?

I tried pointing Epydoc at the libxml2 Python module, and while it generated a
pile of HTML, there's not a lot there for someone that's not already familiar
with the library.  The material on xmlsoft.org gives the same feeling.  Are
there any introductory materials for new users for the libxml2 and libxslt
libraries?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>