Re: [xml] Performance of tokenization?

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 04:50:50PM +0200, Bjorn Reese wrote:
Does anybody have any performance measurements on how much of
the parsing time libxml spends scanning and tokenizing the text?

I can measure it myself, but I would like to avoid it if anybody
has such numbers handy.

  Completely linear with raw CPU cycle speed, so depends on your
CPU. With cheap but recent processors (like an athlon 2600)
parsing to generate empty SAX feedback is around 25 MBytes/s. It
also depends a lot on the content, this is for relatively regular
and flat ascii data. It's just an order of magnitude there is just
too many parameters modifying this.

Daniel