Re: [xml] xmlReaderWalker and xmlNewTextReaderFilename

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:30:47PM -0100, Philippe Brun (perso) wrote:
Hi,

I noticed differences in the result of 2 functions taking
xmlTextReaderPtr arguments depending on whether the reader was obtained
from a xmlNewTextReaderFilename or from a xmlParseFile followed by a
xmlReaderWalker :

1 - for a reader obtained from a xmlReaderWalker, after walking through
an attribute list with xmlTextReaderMoveToNextAttribute function calls,
one must return to the element with a xmlTextReaderMoveToElement.

This is not necessary if the reader was obtained from a
xmlNewTextReaderFilename.

I've seeen posts about xmlTextReaderMoveToElement, but afaik they didn't
point this difference coming from the "origin" of the reader.

  Well this probably mean the fix made for the normal reader didn't work
for the walker. I find that surprizing but possible. Can you bugzilla with
a small example reproducing the problem (python or C)

2 - the call to xmlGetLineNo( xmlTextReaderCurrentNode( reader ) ) works
fine if the reader was obtained from a xmlNewTextReaderFilename, but
doesn't work in the other case.

  Possible too, line number are stored in various places, but in both case
I would expect the nearest element to hold the line number. Same thing
please bugzilla with an example.

Am I missing something ?

  I don't think so,

Daniel