[xml] Re: Newbie memory allocation problem with xmlDocDumpFormatMemory

Thanks Daniel,

I have a long running process where I process lots of XML documents.
Is there any reason I should worry about unbounded memory consumption
in the XML parser if I'm processing lots of documents?

When I'm running my unittests, I seem to have a fixed amount of memory
being used: 422 bytes which I can only assume are being allocated by
the parser.

Should it be fairly safe to assume that I don't even have to bother
with calling xmlCleanupParser() as long as I cleanup everything else I
use?

Also - where is xmlFree(*ptr) defined?

Currently I'm directly calling xmlMemFree(*ptr) - my C is quite poor -
I normally program in Python so I'm not sure which header file to find
xmlFree in.  I don't see the xmlFree definition in xmlmemory.h.

I'm using the OSX version of libxml2 - 2.5.4.

vic