Re: [xml] xmlReader dict leak in 2.6.6?

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 08:41:24AM +0100, Graham Bennett wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using libxml 2.6.6, and I'm seeing xmlDict-related memory being
leaked when I reuse the reader (i.e. call xmlReaderNewxxx()).  I have a
simple test case that reproduces this.

I have briefly tried 2.6.14 and noticed that the leak doesn't seem to be
present.  I just wanted to check if this was a known issue that was
fixed, because I couldn't find a mention of it on the mailing list or in
bugzilla.

  This rings a bell, but ...
  The closest I could find in the ChangeLog was a commit
  Tue Dec 30 16:26:13 HKT 2003 William Brack
but this was before 2.6.6 . I think I also fixed some reuse leak when
I made sure XInclude parsing shared the document dictionnaries, the
fix may have been included as part of this.
The key part is to be sure the reuse is tested as part of the regression
tests the best way might be to isolate and drop a small example like the
ones in doc/examples, this is both educational and make sure memory debug
is exercised as part of the regression and release tests.

Daniel