Re: [xml] How to auto-validate against DTD or schema?

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 09:36:57AM -0500, Parag Chandra wrote:

Hi,

I've been using libxml2 to validate against DTDs thus far, by passing
the XML_PARSE_DTDVALID flag when I construct an xmlReader. Now I need to
do so against schemas, and I can't seem to figure out how to do it short
of explicitly passing the name of the schema to validate against to the
xmlSchema* APIs. This would require knowing the name of the schema ahead
of time, which I do not. Is there some way to automatically validate
against either a DTD or schema, depending on which is present in the XML
document? Thanks.

  No, currently the Schemas validating API does not work on a reader, it
needs a full tree.

Daniel