Re: [xml] AIX 5.1: libxml2 linked statically, yet complains of missing libxml2.so.2 ?

Hello Parag,

Sorry for this late anwser.

I don't think the problem comes from libxml2.
On AIX, the .a is an archive that contains "objects".
These objects can be shared (it's what you call a shared library) or
static. Actually, it seems your libxml2.a contains a shared objects that is
named libxml2.so . To know what's inside your libxml2.a, run dump -ov libxml2.a.
Look at the field 'Flags'. If it contains SHROBJ, then your libxml2.a contains
shared object(s).

So, what is happening on your system is (I think) that your executable 'tv' has
been linked dynamically against libxml2.a and the dynamic linker doesn't find
libxml2.a. So, try setting the variable LIBPATH to the place where libxml2.a is
and run tv again.

Cheers,

Dodji.