Re: [xml] Problem In Deprecated Catalog API

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 09:36:29PM +0200, Igor Zlatkovic wrote:
Hi,

The two functions xmlCatalogGetPublic and xmlCatalogGetSystem in
catalog.c are deprecated, true enough. But...

Both have an execution path which returns the address of the local
variable 'result'. This address isn't valid after the relevant function
returns. This can cause various amounts of trouble.

Will someone's legs end up broken if I remove the code from these
functions and delegate the call to xmlCatalogResolveSystem and
xmlCatalogResolvePublic?

Ciao,
Igor

  Damn, it's my fault, I moved the variables from static to local...blame
me I made a big mistake last sunday. We should revert that in CVS at least.

Daniel