[xml] Re: [xmlsec] exc c14n w/o comments bug

you are absolutely right: I tested the old version of libxml2 :-(. The patched version seems to be ok.

 I'm really sorry.

best redards,

Aleksey Sanin wrote:

I compiled the current CVS trunk of LibXML2 and I don't observe
the problem (I added formating to make it readable):

$ d:\sdk\bin\testC14N --exc-without-comments b.xml b.xpath
<wn1:ticket xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
            xmlns:wn1="http://xmlsoap.org/Ping"; wn0:Id="Id-Ticket1"
            i:nil="true" i:type="wn1:ticketType">

I also have tested the example you send in the message from 4/20
and I am not able to reproduce the problem (see attached archive
with both examples).

Are you sure that you load correcy versions of the xmlsec and libxml2
libraries? The results you observe are expected with the old version
but I can't explain why you have this issue with the new patched one.


Tomas Sieger wrote:

I found another "mutation" of the bug I already reported several weeks ago: multiple namespace declaration in the output of the exclusive c14n w/o comments.

This time, the bug is really serious. Even libxml2 can't parse its own output :-))).

You can reproduce the bug using the attached files.


  ./testC14N --exc-without-comments b.xml b.xpath

I can see this output:

xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns:wn0="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"; xmlns:wn1="http://xmlsoap.org/Ping"; wn0:Id="Id-Ticket1" i:nil="true" i:type="wn1:ticketType"></wn1:ticket>

Note the "i" namespace is declared for two times!



xmlsec mailing list
xmlsec aleksey com

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]